If you visit the calendar on the page "Start Today", you will find explanations to all of the Bible readings posted from Genesis through the book of Ruth, the first 12 weeks of Bible reading. Please continue to pray that this project march along until explanations of the entire Bible have been posted day by day.
May you have a blessed new year of reading the Bible in 2013! Be sure to visit the page "Start Today!" and click on the blue daily readings for a link to their explanations. Lord willing, they will continue to be updated periodically through 2013.
For those who begin a new year of reading through the Bible on January 1, the Bible calendar now has the complete list of readings through 2016!
Remember, you can start your reading any day of the year by going to the page entitled "Start Today".
If you look at the calendar on the page "Start Today", you'll notice the readings for the first three weeks (and the first three units of the Bible) are in blue. This means that they are linked with another page giving the explanation of the reading. The goal is, over the next two and a half years, to have every reading linked with its explanation. Over time, quotes from other authors and answers to common questions about each reading will be included, too. Thank you for your prayers and patience as this work slowly marches forward!
Thanks be to God for the new Bible Calendar page uploaded today. Now you can begin reading the Bible from the book of Genesis anytime and complete all the readings in one year. Just visit the page entitled "Start Today!"
The previous calendar is still available on the page "Calendar 2012". This way we hope to assist those who made a commitment to read through the Bible starting January 1st as well as those who are beginning later in the year.
May the Lord bless your reading of all His word whenever you started!
We’re excited about starting a new year of reading through the Bible!
This year, I’ve divided the whole Bible into 20 units. I’ll make references to them in the blog as we read through the year.
For example, as we read the assigned readings from the calendar from January 1 – 5, I’ll note that these readings form the first unit of the Bible (Genesis 1 – 11). As you read these 11 chapters, notice the following:
1) The main events: The Creation, the Flood, the Repopulation of the Earth
2) Yahweh’s attributes that stand out: Sovereignty, Righteousness, Justice and Mercy
3) Yahweh’s main act: Salvation through judgment of a sinful world
4) Main participants: The Patriarchs of Humanity
5) The major reference to Jesus Christ and the Gospel: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel (Genesis 3:15).
6) Key point: Notice that all the main themes of the Bible such as: a) God’s righteousness, b) His creation of a holy, physical space to interact with human beings, c) our responsibility for our sin, d) the judgment of sin, e) the mercy of God in saving human beings by grace, f) God’s sovereignty over the nations, g) the future glory of Yahweh’s Chosen One through conflict with the enemy, and more, have their roots firmly anchored in Genesis 1 – 11. Everything begins here.
In the same way, I hope to keep us informed about the main points of the other 19 units of the Bible as we get to them. Lord willing, they’ll help us keep a view of the Bible as a whole as we throw ourselves into the details of the individual readings.
As time permits, I hope to post blog entries on the daily readings. That is a slow process; in 3 years I hope to have a teaching for every reading on every day. Please pray for this whole project so that we can continue to grow together in our knowledge, obedience and worship of the Lord.
BibleCalendar.org has launched with six videos: four that explain how to read the Bible, one that summarizes all the books of the Bible and one that explains and applies the Parable of the Seed and the Sower.
The Calendar page is under construction and should have the entire 2012 calendar online in the next couple of weeks.
The blog should begin entries on January 1, 2012 to explain Bible readings as we go through the calendar together.
May this coming year be one of exceptional spiritual growth as you read and study God's word.
Ken Kytle serves as pastor of Iglesia bautista La fe en Cristo near Atlanta, Georgia.
All Bible explanations are under copyright, may be shared freely, but not sold
© 2011-14 www.comoleerlabiblia.org
Contact us at email@example.com or
2980 Old Peachtree Road
Dacula, GA 30019