Now a few observations to prepare us for the trip:
1) The main events of the unit: The approach, entrance and conquest of the Promised Land
2) Yahweh’s attributes which stand out: His holiness, His righteousness, His jealousy and power, His faithfulness
3) Yahweh’s main work: The sanctification of a people to prepare them to receive His promises
4) The main participants: The generation of Moses and Aaron who experienced redemption in Egypt will be replaced by a generation led by Joshua who will enter the Promised Land
5) The main reference to Jesus Christ and the gospel: “I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near: a star shall come out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel” (Numbers 24:17).
6) Key observation: Notice the movement from an ungrateful generation to a generation of faith.
Above all, we will see Yahweh’s glory in His faithfulness to a people who does not deserve it, and finally, the response of faith in those who love Him.